Thursday, July 10, 2014

The parks of Portland

Earth Date: 2014, July 10th
Location:  Washington Park in Portland, Oregon

While Amanda was nursing the consequences of her visit to the Irish pub, Zach and I went out to the rose garden and the Japanese gardens. I had been to the rose gardens a few times, and it was similar to how I remembered it. In fact, there were only two major differences:

  1. This year they started charging for parking at the Park
  2. Mount Hood was actually visible. I had started to suspect that it was a legend invented by Portlanders, as it had been hidden behind clouds on previous visits.
Mt Hood making a rare appearance

Amanda missed the Shakespeare garden .....
Bill looking over his garden
Marking away the hours

The real treat for me was going to the Japanese garden. I had only been once before, and then we were running through it half an hour before it closed. This time I got to spend a lot more time in quiet contemplation.

The photographers' Maple Tree at the Japanese Gardens

Water art





No comments:

Post a Comment